Here are some Email Open Statistics:
- Email use worldwide will top 3 billion users by 2020 -The Radicati Group
- There will be 2.9 billion email users worldwide in 2019 -Statista
- 5. 38% of salespeople say getting a response from prospects is getting harder -HubSpot
- 6. 21% of email recipients report email as Spam, even if they know it isn’t -Convince&Convert
- 11:00 a.m. ET has the highest clickthrough rate for email sends. (HubSpot)
- 8. 35% of business professionals check email on a mobile device. (Convince&Convert)
- 9. 58% of adults wake up and immediately check their email. (eZanga)
- 20.9% of people check their email more than five times per day. (Fluent)
5 Email Must Do’s:
1.According to Convince&Convert, 35% of email recipients open email based on the subject line alone. Make your subject lines interesting and build curiosity in the reader’s mind.
2. Make it personal and get on a first name basis. Emails that include the first name of the recipient in their subject line had a higher clickthrough rate than those that don’t. (HubSpot)
3. Keep your message highly focused and interesting. It’s tempting to throw in a bunch of links all in one email but that tactic will not bear fruit. Keep to one message per email. Also, avoid sales speak. Instead, keep a natural conversational voice.
4. Always include a call to action. Give them something to do. This is often placed in the last line of text but can be placed within the main body of the text.
5. Getting past the spam filter. Attaching more than one photo, using different “From” addresses, or other attachments can set off alarm bells and dunk your email into spam folders which means they’ll never see it.
Sophisticated email marketing/autoresponders like GetResponse give you a spam score. Using the spam checkers lets you check your email before sending. You can also send a test and check to see if it lands in your own inbox.
Leave A Comment
Feel free to leave any questions or comments here.